Get Support

Many Parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young. There is no rule-book for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if a family is going through difficult times. But if they can get the support they need when they need it, then day-to-day family life and their children’s future can be so much brighter. (read our guide to Home-Start Helping parents build better lives for their children leaflet)

Information for Professionals

Are you a social or health worker interested in referring a family to Home-Start for support?

F_a_14_volunteer_listening_to_mumSince Home-Start is a voluntary organisation it can offer a flexible approach to individual families.
Home-Start South Wiltshire support is not a substitute for professional services but complementary to them, and our best results are achieved through an active partnership between professionals and Home-Start South Wiltshire.

To refer a family in the South Wiltshire area we suggest you:-

1. Talk to the family about Home-Start South Wiltshire and suggest how we might be able to help. (Download our Working together to support families leaflet)

2. Ask the family’s permission to contact Home-Start South Wiltshire

3. Complete a referral form, giving outline details of the family’s situation. (download the form here.)

4. Contact us here at the Home-Start South Wiltshire office in Amesbury.

Information for Families

How to get support from Home-Start

Referrals come from many sources including health visitors, other health and social-care professionals, voluntary organisations, counselling services, churches and increasingly from families themselves. You may contact us for further information but referrals must always be made with the consent of the family. (Read our Help for your family leaflet)

Will anyone else find out?

Home-Start South Wiltshire support is confidential. Personal information about you and your family is not disclosed to anyone outside Home-Start South Wiltshire without your consent, except where there is a concern about the safety or welfare of a child.

What if I change my mind?

You choose whether or not to accept Home-Start South Wiltshire support and can change your mind at any time. A volunteer will only visit on your invitation.

What next?

If you are a family with at least one child under five you can ask for help. To find out if Home-Start South Wiltshire can help, you can:

  • Contact us directly
  • Talk to your Health Visitor, Midwife or GP
  • Ask your Social Worker to refer you
  • Ask a friend or family member to contact us for you
  • or you can download a Referral Form here.

Registered Charity Number 1105978
Registered Company Number 5230455

Suite 5,  The Portway Centre,
Old Sarum, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP4 6EB

Donate Now